Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine and VIA present
MINI MAOUSSE - Saison 6 – “La nouvelle maison des jours meilleurs”
EXHIBITION OF 25 PRESELECTED PROJECTS
Launched in spring 2003, the biennial Mini Maousse competition aims to lead by example, proving that small scales can work in architecture.
For its 6th edition entitled “La nouvelle maison des jours meilleurs” – a reference to “La maison des jours meilleurs” Jean Prouvé’s response to the housing crisis brought to light by Abbé Pierre in the winter of 1954 – architecture and design students were invited to design a temporary housing unit that can be adjusted, adapted, stacked, taken down and transported.
Having examined almost 200 applications, the models of the 25 preselected projects will be shown in the VIA Gallery from 20th April to 18th May 2016. They are light housing solutions that can be produced industrially to respond to different situations including housing for individuals in isolated or precarious situations, housing in densely populated areas to alleviate shortages, and collective, temporary seasonal living spaces.
Selected projects :
- LIGHT COLOMBAGE - Mégane Hentzen - LISAA
- C.P.M. - Camille Chevrier & Thomas Enee - ENSA Nantes & ENSA Val de Seine
- KYUBU - Virginie Vazquez & Ludovic Geraerts - LISAA
- MOOVING ROOF - Arnaud Ribière, Diana Pinheiron & Manon Merceron - ESAM Design
- MAISON 280 - Lukas Saint Joigny - ESAD Reims
- LA TENTE - Elise Sanner - ENSAD Nancy
- WOOD STOCK - Fabien Le Goff & Cédric Jenin - ENSA Nantes
- WOOD UP - Laurent Germain - LISAA
From 20th avril to 18th may 2016
Photos on demand