FIRST PROJECT INCUBATION PLATFORM DEVOTED TO FRENCH FURNITURE
This year, VIA – in partnership with Ameublement Français, CODIFAB and the FCBA – is putting in place a new tool: the VIA DESIGN Incubator.
Sharing skills to create an incubation platform devoted to furniture and design and encourage the emergence and development of innovative collaborations between business and designers.
VIA DESIGN INCUBATOR – THE PRINCIPLE IN SUMMARY
- An individual and/or collective project team incubation programme led by the partners of the Incubator ;
- Access to training programmes – shared services (webinars, workshops, etc.), exclusive advantages ;
- Access to financing opportunities (VIA ‘Aide à la Création’, IFCIC loan funds, crowdfunding).
THE PROJECTS - A PLURALITY OF INITIATIVES
Among the projects presented at VIA this year, 10 collaborations between designers and manufacturers or design houses, united around a shared project, have been selected to join the first VIA Incubator.
A number of tools and services will be offered as part of the Incubator: access to databases and market studies…
In short, a programme of targeted guidance according to the expectations and needs of the project teams, with the aim of brining the projects to market.
To do this, VIA works alongside the Incubator’s partners and continually develops its network in order to offer the best possible tools for the development of the incubated projects.
THE PROGRAMME – KEY PHASES
1 – Launch of the incubator
A ‘pitch’ video has been made to introduce the different participants and their expectations. This support introduces the project teams and allows all involved to outline their needs.
This pitch is also a chance to introduce the teams to the Incubator’s partners.
2 - "Webinars"
In July, the Incubator programme starts with ‘webinars’ on different themes: understanding usages, creative flows…
Find the different webinars (prototyping with Usine Io, crowdfunding with KissKissBankBank and the VIA Gallery platform) on our video channel.
3 - "Workshop campus" in the VIA Gallery
From October, a ‘Workshop campus’ will be organised at the VIA Gallery. The project teams will have access to training and VIA’s tools (co-working spaces, databases, coaching…)
Project teams can also access different kinds of financing.
The 10 selected projects :
- BUROV - Salomé Bourny : canapé
- CIDER, MANUFACTURE DU DESIGN - Désormeaux/Carrette Studio : famille d'assises contract
- CUISINES MOREL - Marion Brun : nouvelle ligne de cuisine
- FUTURA EDITIONS - Anaïs Gauthier : la chambre de demain
- LE LIT NATIONAL - Bina Baitel : paravent
- MANADE - Atelier Yade (Solange Yates & Marina Declarey) : objets acoustiques
- SELLERIE DU PILAT - Aurasens : fauteuil musical
- STAMP - Alix Videlier : chaise
- YMER & MALTA - Margaux Lafond : horloge